Friday, November 15, 2013

Week 5 In Midland, Texas

September 3, 2013

Good afternoon!!

So, yesterday being Labor Day the library was closed and we were told to email today. It's been a rather frustrating week as far as our investigators progressing. We are teaching Julio and Monica and they are so solid! But, they didn't come to church. Somehow the excuse of partying the night before always comes up. Haha Even with their absence from church, they are still continuing to learn about the gospel. Julio really appreciates that we "break it down" for him in a way that he can understand. We had dinner at their home on Sunday evening to break our fast and Mexican food was the way to do it! Only Larry and Stacy came to church, we were missing Marie... So they won't be able to get baptized this Saturday :( But we're still working hard to make sure they gain a testimony of the Restored Gospel.
We had a mission-wide P-day last Wednesday where zones got together and just played games. One of the most fun days of my mission! We played soccer, baseball, and of course, football! I got to show off the quarterback arm to my fellow elders. :) Haha Anyway, it was a great day and I got to spend some time with President Augustin and had some good talks with him.
In my district meeting today I wanted to do something different. I wanted my missionaries to teach instead of me so they could really get into it. I assigned each elder and sister a Christlike attribute from Preach My Gospel (pg.126) and gave them each five minutes to just give a thought. The Spirit was so strong!! Each missionary took about 15 minutes to talk about their assigned topic and bore powerful testimony. Faith, hope, charity/love, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, and obedience. These are the ways we can follow our Savior's example to become better people. Try it!
The heat is starting to be more forgiving and the work is hastening. Now is the time to participate in the Lord's work! Great time to be a missionary!! 
Love,
Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment