Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week 39: Sweetwater, TX

May 20, 2013

Good morning!

It's been a hot week. I mean that literally, and also because we're helping investigators prepare for baptism soon. It's truly becoming a challenge to push ourselves and forget about the weather. The goal is set to talk to ten people each day and when we don't reach that goal it's disappointing. Even if we never see these people again, they know who we are and where our church building is and what time the service starts.  It all starts with an invitation. Along with the usual finding this week, we continued our labors in visiting those who are less active. It's so hard to motivate these families because they love the missionaries, but they don't want to deal with the three hours of church... A new Elder's Quorum President will be called this Sunday and the home teaching should definitely pick up to help with less active work. 

The Book of Mormon is incredible! Up until the mission I never knew of the power that is stored within this set of scripture. I'm a mark-aholic. I want to just mark every word! It's hard not to, actually, but my hand will start to cramp when I mark too much. Haha. I found a neat thing in a verse found in 2 Nephi 12:2. Look at the 'U' in the word mountain and follow straight below that letter in the next line. It's a hidden four-letter word (place) that pertains to the doctrine of the verse. Sort of like a prophecy. I'm sure many of you already knew about this but I thought it was way cool. Haha. 
It's hard to believe I've been a missionary for nine months now.. I feel like I've grown so much already. I'm so excited for what's yet to come. Love y'all, make it a great week! Send some letters guys, it's been a while! 

Elder Rios

1729 Hailey Street #E53Sweetwater, Tx 79556

No comments:

Post a Comment