Friday, November 15, 2013

One year down, one year to go

August 19,2013

Good morning everyone!!
 
It's been a fantastic week of progress here in Midland. To start off, all three of us were sick for three days straight last week which really put a delay in our work. Besides that, we were able to help our investigators further their testimonies and knowledge of the gospel by assisting (pushing) them to keep their commitments. Larry, Marie and their daughter Stacy now have a goal to be baptized on Sep 7th. Ramon also has that same baptismal goal but he's progressing slower because he's legitimately busy all the time. We're also teaching a part-member family, the Navarrettes. The father, Renee and the youngest daughter weren't baptized at the same time as the rest of the family so we are working with them to feel the truth of our glad message. They all came to church yesterday and participated in the gospel principles class that Elder Lenhart and I taught. It was great!! We finally found some potential in a guy we knocked into, Knowee. He's way legit and is excited to learn more! A co-worker of his tried to talk him out of meeting with us but he stood strong in his faith. We are looking forward to teaching him this week. Last week I hit my one year mark in the mission.... It was crazy to realize that 12 months have already passed since the day I flew out of Long Beach, Ca. It's been 365 days since I first walked into the MTC as a brand new missionary. Wow!! I feel as if I've grown immensely in this short time and I'm excited to be as effective as possible the second half of my mission. Midland is treating me good so far. The ward is amazing in their desire to share the gospel and working with us to teach their friends. We have a strong Priesthood body here and they are willing to assist in any way. I've decided I like serving in the smaller branches, though. These huge wards are too many people to get to know! But I think they love me already :) We also had an intersting announcement last week from our mission president---next week we will be having a "mission-wide p-day"!! The whole mission is getting together to "get goofy" and have fun in celebration of setting a baptism record for last month. Texas Lubbock Mission represent! Make this week great!! 

 
Much love,
Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment