Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 29: Sweetwater, TX


Hey everyone,

What a swell week here in the Texas Lubbock Mission. I'll share a couple of highlights with y'all. Last Tuesday we met John. He's living with a less-active member Tabatha. We initially went over to have a study with Tabatha but John decided to sit in as well and I was so glad he did! He says he's been waiting for something that makes sense when it comes to the gospel. He had watched a video on Joseph Smith prior to us meeting and he already knew "it was REAL" (his words). So we invited him to be baptized and he said absolutely!! 23rd of March is his goal! Speaking of baptisms, Daniel was baptized on Saturday!! He is such a stud. I can't wait to see how he will grow in the gospel. Friday we had interviews with President Augustin, where we just have a one-on-one sit down with him so he can see how we're doing. I walked into his office and he said "Elder Rios tell me why I'm hearing so many good things about you. What is making these other missionaries like you so much?" I was like "Probably because I'm normal and not from Utah..." Hahaha he laughed. It is the greatest feeling knowing that you are an example to those around you. Occasionally you see or hear about some missionaries goofing off and giving in to worldly ways. There's no way I would do that because when I get home I want everything to literally feel as if it has been two years. That's easy to do in towns like Sweetwater and Pampa. Haha Yesterday I had the opportunity to teach the Gospel Doctrine class (I either teach a class or give a talk every week) and it went so well! I mean, being a missionary it was simple to teach, but the participation I got and the discussions we had were phenomenal! We talked about the Restoration which is something I teach every day. I am so grateful to the growth I am getting from being on this mission. This is where I am supposed to be and The Lord knew that. Keep pressing forward my friends!! Make this week GREAT! 


Love ya,Elder RĂ­os 

1729 Hailey St #E53
Sweetwater, Tx 79556


And for your viewing pleasure...


"Missionaries have certain powers that I can't explain...." -Elder Rios
(He's obviously the same old goofy, funny Ricardo)



No comments:

Post a Comment