Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 21: Pampa to Sweetwater


I'm being transferred!!!! :( Dang it. So Saturday night we got transfer calls and I'm still training my greenie so I expected us to both just stay here in Pampa. Well, the assistants told me I'm going to Sweetwater (about an hour west of Abilene) and will be serving as DL there. Elder Staples ("Grapas" as I call him, which means staples in Spanish) will stay here and get a new companion. I was pretty upset! I felt as if I have unfinished work here! I was frustrated because we JUST found some great people to teach in Betty, a young man named Austin, Mike who is our downstairs neighbor, and a couple of potentials. Now I don't even get to teach them. But as I was praying that night I remembered: The LORD is at the helm, he knows where I need to be. I'm pretty much done packing and I'll be leaving tomorrow. My new companion there will be Elder Weldon, who is finishing his last transfer in the mish. At church yesterday it was fast & testimony meeting and I haven't missed a month yet of going up and bearing my testimony. A member of the ward Cecilia is leaving to the Airforce tomorrow and so she gave kind of a farewell. I proceeded to follow right after her and no one knew I was leaving yet. So I started off by saying "Well.. This will also be my last Sunday here." And you just hear a distinct *Gasp* from the congregation. I almost laughed. Haha but it's been hard saying bye to the ward and all the friends I've made here. Everyone has told me they cried leaving their first areas and I feel like I'm headed that way! But I've learned what I'm supposed to learn here and had great experiences. This is one place I definitely have to come back and visit... One good thing is my old companion and trainer Elder Arredondo will be my ZL in Abilene! I'll be seeing a lot :) And so I'm headed South for the Winter, Sweetwater here I come. They aren't ready for me!!! Make this week GREAT y'all. 

Elder Rios


P.s. Yes, Sweetwater has the sweetest water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment