Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 9: Pampa, TX (Transfer 2)


HOLLLLAAAAAA!!
So I'm going to start counting transfers (every 6 weeks) from now on because I don't remember the week number haha Let me tell you all about my fantastic week out here on a mission:
Monday we went to a member's ranch and rounded up some cows to be branded. I also had the delightful opportunity to check cows for pregnancy... Now cows don't just use those little tests you buy at the store. I got to manually insert my arm into the rear end of the cows and feel around for a baby cow. I won't send you the pictures to save you from being grossed out hahaha! It was a fun day at the ranch though. The rest of the week was work, work, work! We have been teaching quite a few people and getting a family ready for their baptism on the 27th of this month! I'm going to be baptizing Lupita and her daughter Katya, while my companion will baptize her other daughter Natali. I'm way excited!!
Yesterday, we went to another one of our areas, Miami (not Florida) (I wish), and visited some less active members there as well as knocked some doors. While we were walking in the street we saw the sheriff following us and pulled up next to us... He was like questioning us and said someone called in two suspicious looking guys in suits knocking doors. We got the cops called on us!! hahaha After scaring us a little, the sheriff revealed to us that he was a member of the church and was not going to take us to jail like he said he would. It was pretty funny!!
From the past week I've learned many things. Including patience and dilligence. I know that there are people prepared by God to listen to us. It's our job as missionaries to go out and find those people. I love the experiences that I have each day because I am able to learn from them, and apply what I've learned the next day. La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimo Dias is the restored church originally established by Jesus Christ himself about 2,000 years ago. I know it is. Peace & blessings y'all.
Love,
Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment