Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 15: Pampa, TX


¡Hola mis amigos!

So A LOT has changed in the Texas Lubbock Mission. Because of the new missionary age requirements, they are shipping new elders and sisters everywhere they can fit them. Our mission consisted of five zones and it has now been extended to NINE zones. Since there's new zones, leadership is required in them. I'm still in Pampa but I am now part of the Panhandle Zone and have been called to serve as a Trainer AND District Leader!! Which is super crazy because I just got done getting trained and now I will be training a brand new elder. I'll be picking him up tomorrow. 


My companion Elder Arredondo was called to be a Zone Leader in Abilene Zone. We also had a baptism on Saturday!! Isaac's baptismal service was AMAZING. He bore his testimony and just about made me cry... I have no doubt he'll serve a mission in a year...
I've been out on the mission for three and a half months already. The time is flying by and I love it. How was Thanksgiving for you all? Hope you all got STUFFED like I did. Haha We were at a couple of different houses on Thursday because everyone was basically fighting to have us over for dinner... Today Arredondo and I played frisbee golf (my new favorite sport) and of course I beat him so he now has to do the dishes. Sucker! It's his birthday today so we have a lot of celebrating to do..:) I'll be sending pictures hopefully later, stay tuned!!

With love from Texas,
Elder Rios


No comments:

Post a Comment