Tuesday, August 21, 2012

MTC Week 1


What's up friends and family!! I've already been gone almost a week, yet it feels like I just got here yesterday. I am watching the 30 minute countdown on my screen because that's how long I get to use the computer then it logs me off for the week, cool huh? -__- Anyway, I have SO much to tell you guys!!! I love it here at the MTC. After the first night, the branch president made me District Leader. Holler at that!! So I'm in charge of 11 of the coolest Elders I've ever met! My first companion ever, Elder Peralta, is from Peru but has lived in Utah for like 10 years. He is the only unsocial Elder in our district so it's been pretty tough trying to get him to open up to everyone. He absolutely hates the MTC and doesn't see the point of it. I know that he was put as my companion because I am meant to help him. I've taken it upon myself to make sure this missionary goes to Pittsburgh as the best missionary ever!! He's been progressing over the last couple of days after meetings with our branch president and zone leaders and teachers... I came in here pumped, thinking I was ready.. I was so wrong!! Everything we do here at the MTC is full of the Spirit and helps me grow as a missionary. You guys would think I'm already a totally different person haha But that's what it's all about! I can't wait to see where I'm at when my three weeks here is up. I know I'll be ready.


The days go by so fast it's ridiculous. Our WHOLE day is planned out to the minute, we have to be somewhere at a certain time. I've gotten used to it and have fallen into the routine. It's so great to wake up at 6am and workout with my boys here then start our days with studying. I love gym time!! (obviously). So the first couple of days I just played basketball because volleyball looked tough. But I've been playing volleyball for the last couple of days and I have been killing it!! Spiked it in a dude's face and broke his glasses yesterday...he happened to be my Zone Leader. Oops :P
Man I miss everyone at home!! But, I only think about home when I'm in bed at night because I have no time to think during the day. I hope you're all doing well!! I will be writing on Tuesdays (my P-Day) so expect my emails then!! Oh! and you should all write me letters on DearElder.com so I get it printed out and handed to me here!! Love you all
Passion & Enthusiasm!
Elder Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment